04 Jan CBD Can Help Lower High Blood Pressure & Prevent Certain Heart Problems
Most importantly, CBD can help lower your blood pressure. Many people suffer from high blood pressure, which is harmful in many different ways, mostly by putting additional strain on your heart. High blood pressure is also linked to many other health problems including: stroke, heart attack, metabolic syndrome and more.
Experts say that the natural antioxidants in combination with the stress-reducing and anxiety-reducing properties of CBD are responsible for its ability to help lower blood pressure.
If you or someone you love suffers from high blood pressure you should consider this:
• Untreated high blood pressure can lead to stroke by damaging and weakening your brain’s blood vessels, causing them to narrow, rupture or leak. This can cause long tern brain damage and often happens “out of nowhere” to people regular people.
• High blood pressure can also cause blood clots to form inside your arteries, which lead directly to your brain. Then your blood flow is blocked, potentially causing a stroke and possibly even Dementia.
Most people don’t know that there are actually 2 types of high blood pressure. Also most people don’t realize there’s often no identifiable cause of high blood pressure.
Primary (essential) hypertension is the most common. This type of high blood pressure tends to develop gradually over many years and is hard to say why it may occur in any specific person.
Secondary hypertension is another form of high blood pressure caused by an underlying condition. It tends to appear suddenly and cause an even higher blood pressure than does primary hypertension.
Here are some of the known conditions and medications can lead to secondary hypertension listed below:
• Adrenal gland tumors
• Certain defects you’re born with (congenital) in blood vessels
• Certain medications, such as birth control pills, cold remedies, decongestants, over-the-counter pain relievers and some prescription drugs
• Illegal drugs, such as cocaine and amphetamines
• Kidney problems
• Obstructive sleep apnea
• Thyroid problems
One recent study treated healthy men with one dose each (600 mg of CBD oil) and found it did actually reduce their resting blood pressure, compared to a placebo group who did not receive and CBD.
More and more expert studies are proving that CBD may benefit your overall heart health in several ways, including by reducing blood pressure and preventing heart damage.