People have been wondering this for years. Finally we are starting to get enough real feedback from pet owners and their veterinarians to know for sure. Many people have been befitting from CBD Oil for so many health reasons for so long, but there was always a question as to whether or not you can and should give it to your dog.
Well the answers are in. Many holistic vets have been saying that CBD will offer your dog huge relief and benefits for all kinds of problems. From excessive itching and constant pain to dozens of other health problems & illnesses, we can be sure that CBD will not harm your dog and should provide some relief.
Nothing is worse than watching someone you love suffer and it is often harder with kids and dogs because they really do not know what is going on. Now that we know for sure that CBD Oil is safe for dogs the only question left to ask is “What are you waiting for?”
If your dog is suffering there is no reason he/she should not reap the same health boosting and even life-saving benefits like people have been getting with CBD for many years. Check out below some of the many different ways that your dog can benefit.
• Reduces & often Relieves Pain
• Reduces Anxiety
• Actually helps fight Cancer in dogs
• Treats Seizures & Epilepsy
• Increases Appetite & helps with Nausea
• Helps with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
• Reduces Chronic Inflammation & Autoimmune Disease
• Protects the Central Nervous System
• Helps with Neurodegenerative Diseases
• Promotes Cardiovascular Health
Before we go into detail about some of the more common issues listed above, it is important for you to know that CBD is not Psycho Active! What does this mean?
If you don’t already know this, CBD or (Cannabidiol) is a compound found inside the Cannabis and Hemp plants. But don’t worry this is not THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which offers the psychoactive properties. So you never need to worry about your dog getting that “high or stoned” feeling, as long as you are using good quality CBD products which are THC free. This will ensure that your dog will ONLY get the relaxation and health benefits without the intoxication.
- CBD Reduces & Relieves Pain
The cannabinoids found in CBD have proven to work very well for reducing pain in dogs and often relieving their pain completely. More recently we are getting increasing numbers of scientists, doctors and vets who believe it should be classified as a new drug (pain medicine).
Testing with CBD Oil has proven time and time again that it can actually ease pain, often cure pain and has even offered great results with Dogs who suffer from chronic pain.
Some of the more recent studies are proving that CBD is very effective for treating all kinds of pain and related issues including:
• Sudden & chronic pain.
• Neuropathy & nerve related pain.
• Inflammation (internal & external) as well as the impact of inflammation, which can cause degeneration & premature aging.
- CBD Reduces Anxiety
Dogs often can have or develop anxiety for so many reasons it is hard to keep track of. Many people have dogs that suffer from separation anxiety on a daily basis simply when they leave home to go to work. Also, many dogs feel similar anxiety when you go on vacation, go out on a Friday night and let’s not even get started on trips to the vet!
Many dogs also suffer with anxiety from loud noises such as thunder, police & fire truck sirens, nearby traffic and more. CBD has proven to greatly reduce the anxiety they will feel from this and many other reasons. Do you want your dog to feel better?
- CBD Can Fight Cancer in Dogs
CBD is one of the main compounds in Hemp & cannabis that are proving to offer anti-tumor effects. Shockingly CBD can help to prevent, stop and slow the growth of tumors and inhibit Glioma cell growth. It also is proving to help assist other more conventional Cancer treatments.
What is even more impressive is that it can actually help the immune system to kill off bad cells. We are seeing more and more test results showing that CBD will stop Cancer cells from growing and sometimes even kill cancer cells by blocking their ability to produce energy.
- CBD Can Treat Seizures & Epilepsy in dogs.
Dog experts believe that around 5% of all dogs will suffer from seizures whether they occur randomly or actually are repetitive from some form of Epilepsy. CBD has proven to work well even in dogs with a drug resistant form of Epilepsy which is really great news!
Unfortunately most of these dogs are put on drugs such as Phenobarbital or Potassium Bromide, which can be extremely damaging to their liver and other internal organs. Sure these drugs can help limit the number of seizures as well as the lower intensity of each seizure, but often the drugs don’t work and will cause long-term damage anyway.
Additionally, the drugs along with the actual seizure episodes do effect how your dog feels emotionally. Much like with humans these drugs can cause all kinds of emotional issues, damage and other frustrating side effects. CBD can help prevent this.
- CBD Can Protect Your Dog’s Nervous System And Even Help With Neurodegenerative Diseases.
If you have a dog who is suffering from degenerative myelopathy or even any other kind of spine and nerve problems then here is something that should peak your interest. CBD has proven to protect the brain from cell death caused by various different kinds of toxins.
Some people are concerned about this for good reason. If you have an outside dog, you really can never know for sure what he/she has eaten or what kind of toxins that may include. Even for people with inside dogs there is concern about what kind of chemicals can be found in their food, treats and other stuff they eat. Many lower quality foods contain ingredients that we know are harmful to your dog in the long term but they still use them anyway.
CBD has been showing some really great expert test results and is helping patients who suffer from severe Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) as well as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease because it actually protects your dog’s brain cells from toxins that can normally hurt, damage, kill or disrupt how the brain cells function.
- CBD Increases Appetite And Helps With Nausea
Some dogs will eat anything, from anywhere, and almost always enjoy it. While some other dogs can be very picky about their food. This often happens but is not limited to inside pets. Nothing is more frustrating than knowing your dog needs to eat and watching he/she walk away from the food bowl just after you fill it.
If you are having trouble getting your dog to eat there may be a much deeper health issue. In any case it appears that CBD will help to increase appetite. Many new animal studies show that CBD will also help to control vomiting and Nausea as well.
How To Choose The Best CBD Oil For Your Dog?
With the popularity of CBD oil growing due to all the amazing tests and results we are seeing from experts you have to consider which ones are the best for your dog, just the same as you would when purchasing for yourself.
Obviously not all CBD products are the same. Each one will differ from how they grow the plant initially, to how the CBD is extracted and of course what ingredients they use. Take a look below at things you should consider before making a purchase.
• Is it organic? If it isn’t organic, your CBD oil contains pesticides, fungicides or solvents.
• Are there any lab test results available? Most of the reputable and higher qualify CBD oil on the market will have expert lab tests done and provide the results for you to see for yourself. This allows you to make sure it is a high quality product.
• Is it a high quality product? Although most of the better quality products do offer lab test results for your convenience, there are hundreds if not thousands of choices on the market today. When it comes to choosing the best CBD oil for your dog there is no reason you should not look for a very high quality product. Be careful where you make your purchase.
• Price: You should always remember that much like other things in life the better the quality the larger the price tag usually is. Quality and purity is one of the most important factors in which CBD Oil you should buy whether it is for your dog or even for yourself. Be careful where you make a purchase and be sure to choose a product that it is free of additives. More quantity or cheaper price usually doesn’t mean better, especially when health is concerned.
• Don’t buy CBD dog treats: You should strongly consider buying the CBD oil yourself rather than inside dog treats. This allows you to test and adjust your dog’s dose yourself to make sure you are not giving too much and obviously that your dog is getting enough to see the benefits. Each dog is different from age and size to the kind of breed.
If you are looking for the best quality products we have done much of the work for you. Simply check out our CBD Oil Review section and you will find ONLY the highest quality selections for both you and also for your dog.